- McCain voted to filibuster the Employee Free Choice Act, which would have protected the freedom of workers to form unions.
- He describes himself as a “free trader” and strongly supports NAFTA and CAFTA.
- He’s voted against protecting overtime eligibility, in support of the overseas outsourcing of federal jobs and against a clean minimum wage bill—but he’s decided he supports renewing Bush’s massive tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.
- He’s supported privatized Social Security accounts and raising the eligibility age for Medicare.
- He even crossed a picket line to appear on the “Tonight Show.”
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
McCain's Record on Labor Issues
From AFL-CIO Now Blog:
Posted by Joel at 4:13 PM