Thursday, March 6, 2008

John W. McSame Appears at White House

I sat down with my lunch yesterday and turned on cable news to catch the latest breaking news about how Obama won the most delegates in Texas on March 4th.

Didn't find that, but I did see an odd circus at the White House with Bush endorsing John McCain.

First, McCain was late for his appointment, so Bush decided to do a little jig, which of course has the world's media laughing at him again.

Then after a lunch of hot dogs, Bush took his protege out to the Rose Garden and proceeded to turn the endorsement into a joke.

Bush basically admitted that his campaign in 2000 was hogwash and said something very telling: "In 2004, I said, 'I'm not interested in change. I want to continue as president.'" (Imagine that with all of his usual vocal slurs and his phony drawl.)

The point is he was saying two things: one, Republicans aren't interested in change, and two, McCain won his endorsement based on his pledge to continue the Bush legacy of endless war, low taxes for the very rich, ignoring economic problems, ignoring the health care crisis, ignoring environmental problems, dismantling the Constitution bit by bit, and appointing ultra right religious extremists to the federal judiciary for lifetime appointments.

No maverick, John W. McCain (W. stands for weather-vane) stood behind him and bobbed his head. See a video of the circus performance here.

Needless to say, I couldn't finish my lunch.

No comments: