From Alliance for Retired Americans
Call today and ask your members of Congress to enact health reform that:
· Has a public plan option. It will make coverage more affordable, make private plans more competitive and drive quality improvements in the health care system.
· Does not tax health benefits. Taxing benefits could actually cause a reduction in coverage, and it would penalize retirees, active workers and employers who have coverage.
· Allows 55-64 year old retirees to buy into Medicare at affordable premiums. Five million Americans need this coverage now.
· Closes the Medicare doughnut hole. Seniors need drug coverage all year long.
· Includes the CLASS Act (S. 697 and H.R. 1721). It is an important first step in addressing long term care needs.
· Eliminates Medicare Advantage overpayments.